- Tournament Type: SWISS G/45 d5
- Prize: $60 Percent EF Returned
- Entry Fee: $30.00
- Rounds: 4
Players will be split into three sections based on rating, U1200, U1600, and OPEN. Unrated players may choose to play in any section. Players may be allowed to play up at the tournament director's discretion. This must be requested beforehand.
You may register early or onsite. Onsite registration is from 9:00 a.m. to 9:20 a.m. on the day of the tournament. Early registration ends at 11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 24th. You can early register via PayPal @brian101co, please include your name, USCF ID number, and Section when registering.
Early registration is $30. Onsite registration is $40—cash only.
Each section will play four rounds at a time control of G/45 d5. Round times are 9:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 2:15 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. There will be a break for lunch between rounds two and three. Rounds will be accelerated when possible.
- Byes - one 1/2 point bye is allowed if requested before the start of round 2.
- Equipment - please bring chess sets and clocks if you have them.
- Membership - current US Chess Federation membership is required and may be purchased on site. However, we encourage you to register beforehand on their website.
- Cash prizes - Prize fund will be 60% of entry fees received.
- Late Arrival - Players who register early will be paired during the first round whether or not they have arrived (unless they have previously requested a bye). Unregistered players arriving after 9:20 a.m. may be given a 1/2 point bye, be given a zero point bye, or paired outside of standard pairing rules at the discretion of the tournament director.
- Unrated players may play in any section. Those who play in the lower section will only be eligible for 50% of any prizes won.